Red Bank YMCA
Aquarockets Swim Team Tryouts
Monday, June 18th @ Red Bank YMCA
Age for the short course YMCA meets is determined by the child’s age as of December 1st 2018. So, children who “age up” on or before 12/1/2018 must try out for the next age group. For example, some children who swim as an 8 year old during the summer will have to try out as a 9 year old if their birthday is on or before 12/1/2018.
- 8 and unders will swim 25 yards of freestyle and 25 yards of two other strokes they choose. They will start in the water.
- 9 and 10’s will swim 50 yards of freestyle and 50 yards of two other strokes they choose. For the 50 yard swims they can start in the water, at the side of the pool or on the starting block.
- 11 and 12’s will swim 50 yards of freestyle and 50 yards of two other strokes they choose.
- 13 and overs will swim 100 yards of freestyle and 50 yards of two other strokes they choose.
- Non-members can tryout but must sign a waiver, there is a $10 registration fee for all swimmers
Please click on the link below for registration forms to be brought day of tryouts:
Current practice schedules and fees can be found on our website under the Calendars tab. For more information please email email@example.com.
- Tue, July 10 - Old Bridge YMCA
- Tue, July 24 - Freehold YMCA
- Tue, Aug 12 - Freehold YMCA
8/Under Swimmers – swim a lap of freestyle and backstroke, as well as a lap of either breaststroke or butterfly.
9-10 Swimmers – swim 50 yards of each freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly.
11-12 Swimmers – swim 50 yards of each freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly, as well as have prior competitive swimming experience.
13/Over Swimmers – swim 100 yards of each freestyle and backstroke, 50 yards of each breaststroke and butterfly, as well as have prior competitive swimming experience.